Linthicum 4-H Hi-Riders Horse Show Series
2018 show series dates are May 6, June 3, September 9, September 30, and October 21.
Bring your barnmates and friends, you do not have to be a member of 4-H to compete, this is an open horse show. There is a food booth with breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks on the premises. City water is available for horses. We have classes for every rider from beginner through advanced. All ages welcome. English and western classes available.
PRE-REGISTER AND SAVE!
IMPORTANT! If you pre-register by the Wednesday before the show, classes are $7 each plus a $15 one time per show ring fee. Leadline $6 ring fee. If we receive your entry Thursday through Sunday, classes will be $12 each.
Prize List and Registration for will me available for download, check back soon.
We have a yearly awards banquet celebrating the achievements of all riders in our shows. It's a great time for everyone, we have catered food, dancing, door prizes, raffles, and lots more. It's a great time for all the riders, parents, trainers, family, and friends.
A few rules . . .
- SEI approved helmets with harness are required on ALL mounted riders.
- All riders’ ages are as of January 1 of the current year. Juniors—13 years old & under as of 1/1. Seniors—14 years old & over as of 1/1.
- Audits should flip their numbers so that the number is upside down.
- Proper attire must be worn in all classes (unless excused by Judge).
- Six (6) ribbons will be awarded in all classes.
- All judges are qualified and carded.
- Champion & Reserve Champion will be awarded in all divisions.
- All points are awarded on same rider/mount combination. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The points from all 5 shows will accumulate and series awards will be presented at our annual awards banquet. Our awards- banquet is held in January. We will begin to take reservations in September.
- No dogs allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No one allowed in barn area unless you've made arrangements with the proprietors of Andover Equestrian Center.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The show committee reserves the right to refuse entries or to change, combine or cancel classes with fewer than 4 entries.
- Anyone displaying poor sportsmanship will be asked to leave the grounds. COACHING FROM SIDELINES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Understanding that horse sports may be hazardous & dangerous, even leading to permanent injury or death, each owner, rider, spectator, and other participants assumes any AND all risk of loss or injury and agrees to hold harmless, regardless of negligent acts or omissions, the Linthicum 4-H Hi-Riders, A.E.C., the organizer, show committee, and all other personnel.